10/17/2006

T.P.O. In Da Cut #1: 10/13- 10/15


We On Fire

Click @ Fluid is without doubt one of the best times in the city. Fluid is the right size club to host Click. It is small. It gets crowded. It has cheap drinks. When the bar becomes overcrowded, it forces people to the dance floor. It forces one person on the dance floor to knock another person on the dance floor's drink out of his hand. (It's alright baby, I didn't mind.) It forces people to interact. It forces people to have fun. And Click always delivers some pretty great music, e.g. guest DJ Jacques played Vitalic's "You Prefer Cocaine."

The Philebrity Weekender party @ Transit was awesome for me, shitty for you, because you probably weren't there. The night included three pretty OK hip-hop acts, all of which kept their sets to half an hour, and an hour and a half of Dave and Adam on the tables. There I was along with thirty others on the main floor of Transit with plenty of dancing room, and no one spilling my drink. (Come to think, I really did mind.) The dearth of crowd kept the room pretty cold, allowing me to be comfortable in a hoody, which we all know is the tits. Though lack of attendance was great at the time, it has now left a sour taste in my mouth. Good people, who do a good thing (foster the arts in city that desperately needs it), threw a good party, and should have had a good turnout.

Rihanna's SOS @ Repeat On My Ipod on Saturday afternoon was pretty awesome too. Give up the ghost asshole, this song's much better than "Tainted Love."

No comments: