11/01/2006

I Didn't Mean To Do You Like That, Baby



Editor's Note

Yesterday I was in a little bit of a hurry. As my "seasonal" job is coming to an end, I need to be on the grind early. But damned if I wasn't going to give our devoted tens of thousands of readers their "Two-A-Day Tuesdays." So I published the "Clive Owen Went As James Bond for Halloween" post without proofreading it. When I awoke this morning, and had a chance to re-read the post I saw that I used the word "really" about 30 times. Funny how the mind works. I really only wanted to use "really" a couple of times, once for the Ada single, once for Inside Man. But I guess in dealing with things that you really like, especially if they are few, you can really forget yourself. It's like you copy the word "really", putting it on your brain's clipboard, and then start pasting it all over the place. Anyways, I'm really sorry about the Freudian overuse of "really" yesterday, and want to alert you, our beautiful readers, that the writing of "Clive Owen" has been polished, and you should really check it out again. We at T.P.O. mean to give you only the best in Philadelphian writing, and are willing to admit our mistakes to do it. And no, this was not an elaborate machination to get a post up on a day other than Tuesday. Really.

Sincerely,
JS
T.P.O. Editor

2 comments:

NBS said...

jake the snake whats the story on friday

if i come down for pure can i crash

JJ said...

Is this just an elaborate machination to get a post up on a day other than Tuesday? Oh wait, my bad, you already answered that. Thank you for your honest journalism, JS.