11/13/2006

My Hustle



Some interesting things I heard/discovered this past weekend:
  • "The Khyber, the Church, TLA, and now here (Electric Factory)... you've been great to us, Philly. For a long time. Thank you. We love you." -- Kevin Drew, lead singer, Broken Social Scene
    Take that to heart, Pitchfork

  • "We're playing one more. Why the other band members are leaving the stage, I don't know. I guess that's why this band is going to take a 'break'." -- more Kevin Drew
    Lil suntin for the Internet

  • "You've got two putts to win this hole. Now just give it the old Tel Aviv tap." -- A really nice and funny Jewish man I caddied for on Friday
    It was a two foot putt. The guy putting left it a foot short.

  • "Ballin" -- Mike "Cheezy" Cook on throwing something in my trash can
    Apathetically uttered.

  • "I want people to be able to wear these clothes out to work, then maybe to a lounge." -- Donovan McNabb on Super 5, his new clothing line


    Exempla Biz-Cut (Ron Tarver, Inquirer)

    Work: Overpaid/rated jock. Lounge: Red Sky (Seriously, McNabb has been sighted there.)

  • The Presets - I Go Hard, I Go Home (The Juan Maclean Remix)
    Very geeked out sequence on this one, very funky. Best thing The Presets remix orgy will have birthed.

  • "76 West. Get off at Roosevelt Blvd. Get off Roosevelt at Germantown. Turn left from off ramp. At the third light turn left. There'll be a gas station there. That's Germantown Ave." -- Some cute girl, who claimed Philadelphian origin, giving me directions to LINCOLN DRIVE
    Me: "Three lights? You're sure?"

  • The Skateboarding Bulldog

1 comment:

JJ said...

more like 4 lights, that silly girl!