3/05/2007

Coldplay's Chris Martin Writes Quote The Perfect Song Unquote? I Write The Perfect Blog Post, No Quotes, No Question Mark




Read this.

According to the journalist, Martin "called" the song "quintessential." Though nowhere in the shown quote does he use the word quintessence, there is an ellipsis, and it seems like that would be the perfect place to drop the word or its concept. So grant it that Martin did call the song "quintessential."

quin·tes·sence [kwin-tes-uhns] –noun
1.
the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.
2.
the most perfect embodiment of something.

dictionary.com

Did you get a good look at the picture? I don't think this guy is fucking around. I think Martin may have actually made THE PERFECT SONG.

I don't even know where to begin, this would be so fucking awesome. "The Song" would be all that I'd ever have to listen to, all that I'd ever want to listen to. I wouldn't have to feel guilty about file sharing because it would stop. No longer feeling guilty about free music, I wouldn't have to buy hundreds of records a year (hey those singles from Juno add up) as penance. I would save so much money that I could finally invest in some biotechs and junk bonds and really boost the economy. So much of my time would be freed up. I wouldn't have to waste hours out of my day searching for Radio Slave and Ricardo Villalobos remixes. I would begin to write an Extras script. I would do community service. I would become a DJ-- "The Song" would surely be able to accomodate every dancefloor need. Great cultural divides would be bridged: Hip-hop hand-in-hand with twee, house with classical, jazz with blues, indie rock with indie pop with shoegaze, disco with space disco, Phish with Dave Matthews. All of your iPod hard drive space could be used for movies, and best of all, the iPod Shuffle would be so fucking small!

I wonder about the length of the song. If I had a guess, I'd say 4:55.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coldplay is one of my favorite bands. I had the chance to see them at the Sildenafil Music Festival and it was a great experience.