2/09/2007

Freestyle Blogging


I guess it's possible

Exclusive: Adam Sparkles - T.P.O. Mix

First, many thanks to Adam Sparkles, one of the city's best djs, for a stellar mix. We know it'll liven up your weekend as much as it did our week. Check out the track list here.

I didn't get into some of the previous year's best music until it was too late, but here are some things that should have been included in my best of '06:

Birdman & Lil' Wayne - Stuntin' Like My Daddy
Bell X1 - Flame (Chicken Lips Rmx)
Depeche Mode - Sinner In Me (Ricardo Villalobos Rmx)
Ricardo Villalobos - Fizheuer Ziheuer
My My - Got It
2020 Soundsystem (Feat. The Glass) - No Order (2020 Soundsystem Rmx)
Goldfrapp - Fly Me Away (C2 Rmx 4)
X-Press 2 (Feat. Rob Harvey) - Kill 100 (Carl Craig Rmx)
Sunset Rubdown - Sunset Rubdown EP
Wolf Eyes - Human Animal

After finally caving in and subscribing to Bloglines, I've reentered the world thanks to Yahoo! News. Apparently some pretty terrible shit has been happening, especially this. I am anxious about the precedent this would set-- only a matter of time before it hits Philly. Do they really expect me to be walking along, a minute or so into "Get Innocuous", right before the drums kick in, and pause that just to cross the street? How about all cars yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks no matter what, or Back to the Future cars?

Speaking about iPods, I wonder when the touch-screen iPod will debut. I hope it's soon. I've been advising everyone I know that buying an iPod now would be just about the dumbest thing you could do. After watching the Macworld keynote and seeing the iPod capabilities of iPhone-- well that's just it, the touch-screen iPod already exists. I know that the phone isn't slated to hit until June or July, and that mass production takes a long time, but Apple has always been so on point with the iPod, that I can't imagine them hoarding this technology for that long. And it's so next level, the ability to "touch your music." I'd imagine a camera being thrown in the mix as well, maybe digital voice recording capabilities and the email suite too, everything today's youth could ever need in a 2x3x.2 inch box. I know I'd regret not waiting the extra however long for such a radically better product.

Everybody's probably sick of my recent obsession with the HBO series Extras. Its over-the-top way of dealing with touchy subjects makes you cringe instead of laugh sometimes, but it seems to be confronting important social issues every bit as head-on as let's say Mind of Mencia, and in actually funny and much more realistic ways. I mean that last episode detailed a no homo gone wrong. What could be more relevant than that?

No comments: